Preview auction page: Note: this gives a start time and date.
The live auctions look very different and have the facilities to bid, watch etc
Once you have established the difference and log in when the auction starts you will be able to watch and bid on lots at your leisure.
- Each time you bid there will be a confirmation pop up to accept.
- There is a prompt to minimum bid accepted below the place bid button.
- Watch item adds a View List which when clicked will take you into your Auction Dashboard area.
- Watched items can be easily removed and have a red X next to each watched item.
- Active Bids, Bids Lost, Bids Won, Watch list are shown in members Auction Dashboard within MyAccount area.
Tips for bidding for a soft close auction:
Bidding is easy on a soft close auction, simply enter the amount you wish to bid for an item and let the proxy bid system do the work for you. If you are out-bid you can respond with an improved bid but don’t leave it to the last few seconds in the last 5 minutes as this simply adds time to the auction lot and others can respond anyway. Ideally you have put in a sufficient amount that has already outbid others by the the time you get to last 5 minutes.
The reason we are not using last second bidding is that it can sometimes throws up mad results because of sniping, which winning bidders often regret and are reluctant to pay for. It also can result in auctions not coming to a natural end which isn’t ideal for those selling their tools through antiquetools.co.uk or those who may have stretched a little further to secure the item. Last second bidding also often results in people missing out through time lapses. We want to create a more relaxed affair to this auction website and have decided this was the best method for our timed auctions.
These are the basics and you will soon get the hang of things once the live auctions commence.