Welcome to the Antique tool Company and our antique tool auctions.
If you have any antique tools you want to sell please feel free to contact us to help you find the right buyer at the best possible prices. We offer free collection and travel across the UK for larger consignments and can arrange single item collections easily by using our couriers.
This website is designed to attract serious collectors and help new collectors understand the market, this in turn brings a focused audience for buying antique tools. If you have a desirable old tool which is in demand it will achieve the very best prices.
Why Use Us?
- This website has been dedicated to Antique tool auctions for over 20 years.
- Fully Optimised for web traffic and the Top level Antique Tools Domain in the UK
- Advertised online for online customers across the globe
- This website is well know throughout the Antique tool industry
- Clear professional images to present your tools
- Professional honest description to build buyers confidence
- Shipping service worldwide
- Cross website promotions from old tool websites
- Trade magazine publication advertising
- State of the art online auction system with no external fees for buyers
- We are experienced online tool sellers and set up to do this properly
- Our expertise helps with building buyers confidence needed for bidding
- Over 8000 tool buyers on our mailing list and this is still still growing.
Why Not eBay?
- eBay is a general auction website and does not specialise in antique tools
- Too many tool collectors have had bad buying experiences
- Lots of public sellers misrepresenting tools because of lack of knowledge
- There are many rules with eBay’s shipping that restrict buyers bidding
- Payment Fraud and buyers exploiting the less knowledgeable sellers
- Postal issues and damage
- Time photoing and listing, effort with packing and posting
- Dealing with multiple emails about something you may know little about.
- Lower prices due to lack of information needed by the buyer.
- Snipe bidding – designed to lower prices and isn’t natural auction style
- Ebay has caused untold damage to values of collectors items, it’s a race to the bottom that both buyers and sellers should avoid.
Not all tools will be suitable or meet our criteria for this antique tool auction as we are looking for collectable and Antique tools but we have good options to help you with selling all your old vintage hand tools.
We offer trade purchases through Tooltique for user grade tools, is always an option for a quicker sale where good prices are offered for unrestored tools. Many vintage tools just need professional restoration to high standards of accuracy to be of any true value to the serious user. These people after all are craftsmen and collectors of the future and it is important that they are served well.
If you are a tool dealer and have suitable antique tools you wish to list in our auctions please contact us for more information, we are happy to help you sell your antique tools. Most successful dealers have good contacts and usually work together for the greater course and health of their passion. We have a number of dealers who are already involved and there is a common interest that we all understand so why not get in touch for a chat.
We are investing heavily in this website with in depth knowledge that allows us to bridge 21st century tech and the antique tool market. It will be many years before we see a return on our investment but more importantly once the website tools are completed it will bring the community together for the benefit of all those involved. Together we can protect and enhance and share knowledge for future generations that can be easily accessed. We also want to attract the historian, researchers, and create a wiki type database that can evolve over time and create a more in depth knowledge base that not only tells us how, when, why etc but also how this relates to rarity, worth and appreciation of tool makers and their products, their struggles and their achievements.
It’s a big project that requires a community to be involved and this will lead to respected authors and recognition for those who are passionate about their subjects within the huge realm of what what is a fascinating subject. The possibilities are endless and the organisation of gatherings and events that can spring up from this are an exciting prospect.
Our job in this is to facilitate and help this become a reality but it’s clear this needs others to get involved and help with this legacy for future generations. Hence why we need members and contributors that are also passionate about this subject.
Thanks for reading this, Regards Steve