Antique Tools Auction Terms:
- Steve Jacobs the owner of this website acts only as an auctioneer and agent for the sellers of the tools sold online.
- Our office address is 43 Edwards Rd Norwich, Norfolk, Nr78qw UK.
- The auction goes live 3 days prior to the closing date for members to bid on them. When the Auction date is set (i.e. 21st March) this refers to the day the sale finishes.
- All auctions will be accompanied by a series of descriptive images so please do not presume something accompanies our tool unless it is photographed. A description accompanies each lot which also forms part of the information. Bids should be made in accordance with the information provided.
- Buyers should be aware all bids are legally binding and care should be taken when making bids.
- Buyers Premium is a fee for the after-auction services provided to the winning bidders, those who buy more lots can reduce these fees with an upgrade on membership. All Auction fees are subject to VAT at the UK standard rate of 20%.
- Buyers are able to use proxy online bidding that will bid on your behalf to ensure you pay the lowest price in increments of £1.00 above the underbidder.
- Our auctions are what is known as soft-close auctions to ensure buyers can respond if they are outbid in the dying seconds of a timed auction to stop snipe bidding and ensure a fair final price is achieved for the seller. Note: An additional 5 minutes is added if a late sniper bid is made in the last 5 minutes to allow time for other bidders to respond.
- We also accept absentee proxy bids which are managed for members. These bids close the day prior to the auction date.
- Non Paying bidders will be removed from our memberships without notice, their IP and details will be blocked from further auctions. Any costs incurred due to this will be charged accordingly.
- Payments are easy through your account pages and your card details are handled securely through PayPal either as a guest for non-PayPal holders or those who have already registered with them.
- There is a standard charge of £3.00 per consignment to cover the costs of packing items plus the shipping cost paid to the couriers.
- The website shipping charges each customer a standard country rate per kg but any overpayments are refunded once the lot/s are packed to combine shipping. We find the best fully tracked and insured rates by comparing the market.
- If in the event you have been undercharged for postage we will contact you and send an additional invoice, however, this will be a rare occurrence where shipping costs fluctuate, this usually applies to some overseas customers in remote locations.
- Customers will benefit from reducing shipping charges with combined postage up to 15kg, should your items not fit a single box (when packed safely) this results in extra costs for additional shipments.
- Long items over 1 metre in length usually have additional charges made by the couriers, shipping will incur extra charges.
The collection is available for buyers within 7 days of the auction ending to make way for the space needed for new lots. Payments should be made via the website shopping cart before the day of collection, which is on an appointment basis, so the lots can be organised before your arrival.
Please choose the Click & Collect option when paying for your lots through your account page.
- We would expect members to be courteous to fellow members when answering forum posts and making comments on the blog. Politeness and manners were taught as common practice back in the day and those who join who have not had this basic training as a child should understand this website doesn’t accept ignorance as an excuse and we will act accordingly to stop any forms of bad-natured abuse to others.
- Jesting and humour are most welcome as long as it is in good taste and isn’t discriminatory or insulting to others, however, this will be handled with a common-sense approach. Please note that there is a minority nowadays who seem to find offence in just about anything. Forums are designed to open debates and using the Forum is a matter of choice and can be avoided by anyone who is actively looking to be offended.
- Please also be aware when using the forum that people’s knowledge can vary so just be nice rather than taking the route of shaming someone for their lack of knowledge, don’t forget that everyone started somewhere.
Overall we want to create a nice vibe on this website, somewhere collectors can hang out and exchange interesting information. Somewhere they can buy with confidence and generally feel part of something that brings enjoyment. Those who know us understand we are always fair and practical in our approach and do our utmost to look after people the best we can.